FreestyleGFX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GFX forum for anyone new or experienced at graphic design!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Giving constructive criticism (CnC)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Freestyle Cash : 5227

Giving constructive criticism (CnC) Empty
PostSubject: Giving constructive criticism (CnC)   Giving constructive criticism (CnC) EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:29 pm

When commenting, try to make a sensible, decent intelligent comment for the artist. If your going to post something negative, back up your claim and state why you think this is. Not only will this reduce arguments, but it will help the original poster understand what it is that you don't like.

Quote :

Quote:
Bad Crit:
"I don't like it - It sucks - You can do better."

Good Crit:
"Even though I don't really like it its still a good effort. The text kinda sucks though so you should practice on that and I'm sure after reading some tutorials and practicing a bit you can be much better."

If you don't know anything about certain terms (eg. lighting, depth, blending, flow, etc.), don't write comments like you do know something about them. It does not help the original poster in any way, shape or form.

-Credit to Nutter. (GFXvoid)

When giving CnC try to avoid using words like depth and flow on beginners, they just started, there's no reason to go hard on them, but you still want to give them critique.

Styles of Sigs
Grunge- One of the easier styles. Usually using darker colors to make it feel more crisp.
Vector- A true vector tag can only be made in Illustrator etc. (not photoshop, gimp, PDN, they all use pixels)
Abstract- Using only the mind to make a tag, little to none filters. (credit to Abstrax from Marriland for this definition.)
Topaz- Topaz was an artist that ruled the GFX land many, many years ago. This style gives your sig a washed effect.
Dark concepts- Very similar to grunge.

- Credit to Kribo
Back to top Go down

Giving constructive criticism (CnC)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FreestyleGFX :: GFX Discussion :: The Gallery-
Jump to: